Skip to main content

With recent updates starting from Sonos 2 the app seems buggy across all platforms (IOS and Mac desktop). The app will fail to find the system if it has not been connected for a few days. To fix this I’ve ended up uninstalling the app and re-installing and rebooting my router. Other issues are the app is unresponsive at times or there’s significant lag in between when controls on the app are modified and the Sonos system responds. This seems a very significant step backward. I’ve recommended Sonos systems to my friends and families but with the current state of the things, I would be very hesitant to do that now. This all seems tied to the recent changes to collect more user data. Recommend Sonos put the customer first and make sure that collecting data doesn’t impact performance. 

This isn’t the app, but instead either wifi interference or potentially a duplicate IP address issue.

I’d read the linked FAQ, and then perform a network refresh by unplugging all your Sonos devices first, then rebooting your router. Once the router comes back up, plug back in your Sonos devices, wait two minutes for them to boot up, and test. 

I have lots of issues sine the new app was pushed out.  Some days it works some days it does not.  Alexa does not work.  Most days I can’t use the system at all. It is not the Wi-Fi.  I have restarted several times and followed Sonos help, but the network is the same as it was with old app when it worked ever day.  New app has basically taken my great system and turned it into a boat anchor.

Odd experience. My version has been extremely stable, across all speakers and controllers. I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, there are more options available beyond just the diagnostic analysis.