New Sonos App - Anyone else having issues?

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

55 replies

Just downloaded the new app (June 2020) as requested by Sonos. Despite their email stating: “Just download the new app to your phone or tablet and delete the old one. All your services, favourites, and settings will be saved” I can’t even get the app to find and connect to my Sonos Beam. Anyone else having this issue?

Yes!!!! I am so frustrated with Sonos right now. The new app is not working with my existing system now. It was flawless before the app update. Now what????

Just downloaded the new app (June 2020) as requested by Sonos. Despite their email stating: “Just download the new app to your phone or tablet and delete the old one. All your services, favourites, and settings will be saved” I can’t even get the app to find and connect to my Sonos Beam. Anyone else having this issue?

Loaded the S2 on my iPhone XR and immediately had problems. A three device configuration suddenly only had 2, then could not get it to recognize any of the devices after a while. No instructions on how to set up. Had forgotten to delete this one but was afraid to. Then was advised that is to was so problematic that it should be dumped. Just bought a new beam and the only way you can set it up is to go on the S2 app. Sonos used to be an easy system but too much technology has put them behind the power curve on thoroughly vetting their systems and their software.

Again, this sounds like an issue with your router. Try a network refresh by unplugging all Sonos devices from power, then, while they are unplugged, reboot your router. Once the router comes back up, plug in your Sonos devices.

I am also having problems with sonos 2 app.  I tried to download it last year when I got the notice from Sonos that it was available,  however at the time it was not compatible with my system as it refused to update..  Several months later I was notified that it was now compatible and was prompted to download it when I opened my sonos app, which I now, regrettably did. 

Sonos 2 crashes several times a day.  If I go to stop or pause the app, I get a pop up from windows telling me it has stopped working and I can either close it, or search for a solution.  Searching for a solution terminates the app.

I have tried to return to the sonos 1 app to no avail.  Tells me sonos 1 is no longer available and tells me to upgrade to sonos 2.  It’s become a never ending circle of problems which is causing frustration to the point that I no longer enjoy using my sonos equipment.

Any help would be appreciated.

Those sound a lot more like network issues than they do about controller issues, i.e. the controller failing to find the speakers. On the other hand, it could be controller issues, too, or both. I’d recommend a couple of things.

First, try deleting the controller app from your device (what device is that?). Then do a hard reboot of your device, all the way to a power cycle, not just a closing of the screen. Then go to Sonos.com, and download a fresh copy, and run it. Make sure to “connect to existing system” when provided the prompt. 

Once you’ve done that, if it crashes again, restart the app and immediately submit a system diagnostic , and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

If you’re interested in more help here on these forums, a lot more details would be useful. Like what Sonos speakers you have, what device you’re running the controller on, what OS is running on that device, how you have your system connected, i.e. wired or wireless. Since we in the community don’t have access to the diagnostics, we can’t see the any of that data in the diagnostic, so we can’t really build an effective mental image of your system.