Skip to main content

New App is a BIG Step Backwards

• 18 December 2017
  • 10 replies

I cannot believe how much you have taken an enjoyable experience with your product and changed it into a frustrating experience. I have gone from gifting and recommending your products to telling people not to purchase them. Very disappointing, since I have the whole house on this platform that makes me hate the product when I use it.
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1
I completely agree with hdriggers! I just made the time after 30 frustrating minutes to come on this site and tell you to STOP!!! GIVE US A BREAK SONOS! Most of us just want to turn on the music and get on with our day. Most of us are grown ups that don't have time to explore your next aggravating, unnecessary, over the top BS "update." TELL YOUR DEV TEAM TO FIND SOMETHING ELSE TO DO! Who do you think you are, Apple? Trying to keep up with their incessant insane need to add features that NO ONE cares about! Do you think we're all 14 years old and have nothing better to do with our time than search out the latest groovy, hip, cool crap you've added to the app? STOP! Your last unneeded update knocked my wife's music service off and it took forever just to find which swipe, click, touch, select insanity to add it back! I've had it. If I could turn all of the $5,000 worth of your equipment in for an FM radio and speakers I would! ENOUGH!!!
Userlevel 5
Badge +11
Do you really think your bad tempered, bad mouthed wild rant will garner any interest.
How about explaining calmly why you do not like it and what new stuff you do not like (eh? New stuff? Where?)
Userlevel 5
Badge +11
I cannot believe how much you have taken an enjoyable experience with your product and changed it into a frustrating experience. I have gone from gifting and recommending your products to telling people not to purchase them. Very disappointing, since I have the whole house on this platform that makes me hate the product when I use it.
Given the extreme hate given to the previous version, and the awful queue shenanigans created, you want to revert to this reviled version?

Why not explain why you don’t like the new version and be constructive in your criticism. So far Sonos, and anybody else, has absolutely no idea what you are talking about other than you seem seem to be in a self-induced bad temper tantrum.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Find, I'll do that when I get calmer. But perhaps you should note the extreme frustration and yes, anger that the constant changes in the app are causing in your once very happy customers. Simple, clear, definitive action steps that clearly point us to what we need to do easily and quickly. We don't hate "you" - we hate the frustration. We have a saying we use in the film business when lighting a set to shoot. When it's lit properly and looks great, we say "walk away." Sometimes it's ok to just walk away and shoot the scene.
And when it isn't lit properly, do you throw a tantrum without giving the slightest clue as to what the problem is as you see it? Or do you give suggestions to improve the lighting?
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
LOL...well it depends on how many lights they've knocked over after it's been lit well once. 🙂 Look guys, I'm not the only frustrated user am I? I think there might be some clues in my rant. Look, my wife pushed me to get SONOS a year ago so I did and I do appreciate the brilliance of the design and frankly the thought process that went into making it easy for us to simply turn it on, choose a music supplier, or from our own device - and let it go. Gorgeous, smart, wonderful. The more features that get added, the more complex the usage becomes such that this morning my wife was sideways and had given up. She's not terribly tech savvy, so I said hey...you just need to choose your Pandora and go. WEll...imagine my surprise when her Pandora wasn't there - and neither was the option to add a music service. But I noticed that yet once again, there was an update. So...I run the update and find add new music services under SETTINGS. Settings? Why can't I go to BROWSE, and where all the music is - and there be an option there to "ADD A MUSIC SERVICE" where the music is? (And let's not forget, her Pandora has been on the app for a year. Clearly, an update knocked it off. So, ok -- I go to add the music service and do. Then, when Pandora shows up again in music services (my name under it at this point) - I click on that and I see that now I have the option to choose her Pandora, so I click on that. Then a dialogue box jumps up with a bunch of choices including "use on this device." I think if I'm on the device, if I click on what I want to hear - pretty intuitively the software should probably know that I want to use it on this device...don't you? I'm giving you one of many overly complex, hard to find, intuitively weak examples. Yes, I'm sure that the company wants to improve our experience and I can appreciate that. But it's also true that sometimes less is more.
I agree with mardig have had Sonos for years and flawless until recently. With the amount of updates the user interface is ridiculous. So went back to the original handset thinking it wa's phone not working then loaded the laptop with no luck will not connect. Today have not been able to access Sonos for longer than 15 mins keeps crashing out . Unable to connect it says. So Sonos what is going on. Was worried about my investment not keeping up with the updates so tried to ring the helpline a few times to be told ring back when not so busy. I have a bridge and an S5 with a zone player and an amp player with the original handset are these compatible as cannot see any reference to a bridge. If someone out there could inform me I would be most grateful.
I agree... the app needs work, but they've said suggestions are being considered and work on it is imminent. But the sheer volume of people that come on here throwing tantrums threatening to sell everything and 'tell others not to buy' is just juvenile to me. It's an app.
It is not just the app my whole system does not work and will not connect to the players and is very frustrating the app is the culprit I think. Hopefully with the amount of complaints it will be another update shortly to put things right
It is not just the app my whole system does not work and will not connect to the players and is very frustrating the app is the culprit I think. Hopefully with the amount of complaints it will be another update shortly to put things right

The app is not the culprit. Millions of people have no problems after an update. The problem is updates often uncover underlying network problems like duplicate IP adrresses. A network refresh will almost certainly cure these problems.