Skip to main content

new app

• 11 July 2024
  • 9 replies

Is it just me or is the new Sonos app - totally rubbish?

9 replies

Many people think so.  But, just to provide a balance of opinions (and you did ask), I rather like it.  I much prefer it to the previous app, and I haven’t had any significant issues with it.  

Absolute rubbish.  If i could go back in time Sono’s would not be in my house.  Too many missing pieces and it seems like we are barking into the ether….  Do they even have humans monitoring this site?

Moderator edit: Yes

The new app is absolutely terrible, it’s very unresponsive, so many steps to navigate and loads of functionality has been lost. Delete it! 

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

You are not the Lone Ranger. Not by a long shot.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

The app is currently not great for millions of people around the world. But what does your continued popping up to complain achieve? Wouldn’t it make more sense to ask people what issues they are having to see if there is any advice you can impart, rather than just reflecting the complaint back at them? What they think is rubbish might in fact be easily solvable. I realise it’s unlikely given the state of the app but if you can’t help them, what does echoing achieve?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

It’s not great as Sonos has made fundamental changes to the way it works at a network level, which is still not solved after two months (but fixes are slowly arriving weekly or fortnightly). But what specifically is rubbish for you..?

FYI… I have no major issues with app. A few glitches at first but they have gone away. All my speakers connect and functionality is a bit slow but not to the point that some would have you believe. In fact my system has worked since day one and is getting better as promised improvements are rolled out. 

FYI… I have no major issues with app. A few glitches at first but they have gone away. All my speakers connect and functionality is a bit slow but not to the point that some would have you believe. In fact my system has worked since day one and is getting better as promised improvements are rolled out. 

Same here.  Even my local library worked from day one (I switched it over to SMB v2 a while ago).  Missing local library album art is the biggest bug I see, along with an occasional glitch upon startup. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

The app is currently not great for millions of people around the world. But what does your continued popping up to complain achieve? Wouldn’t it make more sense to ask people what issues they are having to see if there is any advice you can impart, rather than just reflecting the complaint back at them? What they think is rubbish might in fact be easily solvable. I realise it’s unlikely given the state of the app but if you can’t help them, what does echoing achieve?

And what did you just do, Rhonny? 

ITB asked a question, I answered it.

That fact is that because Sonos has not been candid or reasonably responsive to user concerns, it’s evident many, many users have been left to wonder ‘is it me, or something wrong with the system itself.’  Thus ITB’s question; and thus my original, direct, eleven word answer.

Fin.