Answered

Networking - ethernet - wifi

• 13 June 2023
  • 4 replies

Can I be connected to the same sistem by wifi through the mobilie and connected by ethernet with my mac?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 13 June 2023, 13:17

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Not sure I completely understand the question, but I think the answer is yes, a controller will run both on Wi-Fi from your mobile device, and on the Mac which is connected via Ethernet. 

Many thanks for you answer but I can do it. No way when I ask on my app Mac to conect to exisitng system doesnt’l allow me to do it. It always says that is not possible Not connected because can find the Sonos product. And I can used without any trouble if I control from the mobile device. 

Many thanks for you answer but I can do it. No way when I ask on my app Mac to conect to exisitng system doesnt’l allow me to do it. It always says that is not possible Not connected because can find the Sonos product. And I can used without any trouble if I control from the mobile device. 

That’s not a function of Sonos, it is a function of your network.  If your Ethernet is configured as a separate subnet from your WiFi, then there is no way for Sonos to communicate across subnets.  You either need to get them on the same subnet, or you need a way to bridge between the two. 

Thank you very much.