Skip to main content

My Mac won't let me stream over Airplay to my Sonos speakers

• 12 December 2020
  • 1 reply

The output tab in sound preferences won't let me choose sonos speakers even though they're on the list of available of airplay devices. the stereo pair I’ve set up is listed as the room I’ve labeled them, as well as my appletv, but when I select that name, it says ‘the selected device has no output controls’, and reverts back to the previous output. is it because i’m still using catalina?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Ddbrad60,

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for bringing this to our attention. Let me share some information to help you out. 

You can stream via AirPlay 2 on iOS devices like iPhone, iPad, or Mac to stream your favorite music, movies, podcasts, and other audio directly to your Sonos products. 
The Sonos products compatible with AirPlay are as follows: Amp, Arc, Beam, Five, Move, One, One SL, Play:5 (Gen 2), Playbase, Port, and SYMFONISK

1. When did the issue start happening?
2. Have you tried using another iOS device? Did you encounter the same?
3. Have you tried rebooting your Apple TV? Your Mac?
4. How about disconnecting and reconnecting the HDMI cable?

To help you check why you won't be able to stream via AirPlay, please provide additional information. Also, I'll be requesting a diagnostic report submitted from your Sonos system. Please don't forget to include the confirmation number in your response to look into your system and find out the cause. We'll wait for your reply. Let us know if you need help with any other information, we're here to assist you.