Question

Music Library keeps disappearing

• 30 December 2016
  • 3 replies

Hello,

I am running Controller for Mac version 7.0.

Every since I updated to it, when I try to browse my music library it shows there us "No Selections are available"

I have deleted my folder in preferences where iTunes stores my music and added it again a few times. It will add all the music and will show up in the music library, but then it will all drop off by the time I go to use the system again.

Any ideaS?

Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Hey jbenetka87, welcome to the community. It sounds like the Sonos is struggling to look up the Mac on the network or get permissions to access it for some reason. Please send us a diagnostic and reply with the number here. I would also advise having a look through our article on Mac file sharing and following the instructions there regarding the naming of the computer. You may also wish to give us a call so that we can check over everything on the computer first-hand with remote assistance.

Another solution would be to bypass the whole file sharing issue and use a cloud service instead. For example, you can set up a Google Play Music account for free and upload/match your own music on to their cloud. You then add Google Play to Sonos and you can play all your music even with the Mac switched off or disconnected from the network.
Hello,

I am running Controller for Mac version 7.0.

Every since I updated to it, when I try to browse my music library it shows there us "No Selections are available"

I have deleted my folder in preferences where iTunes stores my music and added it again a few times. It will add all the music and will show up in the music library, but then it will all drop off by the time I go to use the system again.

Any ideaS?

Thanks

I'm having the same problem since they updated me to WINDOWS version 7. The answer I got was my 4-year-old play5 hardware was too old. That's the last I heard from sonos. I have over $6,000 invested in this system and they are telling me I need to scrap it and buy all new? Really? That's the fix?

This is not the first time a "forced software update" screwed up something that was never fixed. We need to put pressure on sonos to make previous versions of software available to us so we can go back to a version that works. Some have suggested a class-action law suit might get their attention. Others have said we give them a 1-star review every chance we get.
Userlevel 4
Badge +3

I'm having the same problem since they updated me to WINDOWS version 7. The answer I got was my 4-year-old play5 hardware was too old. That's the last I heard from sonos. I have over $6,000 invested in this system and they are telling me I need to scrap it and buy all new? Really? That's the fix?

This is not the first time a "forced software update" screwed up something that was never fixed. We need to put pressure on sonos to make previous versions of software available to us so we can go back to a version that works. Some have suggested a class-action law suit might get their attention. Others have said we give them a 1-star review every chance we get.

Hi preboomer, welcome to the Sonos community. The PLAY:5 generation one being a little older should not cause it any problems with the music library. It can very occasionally struggle with WiFi reception in areas where our newer players do better, but otherwise there is no difference in functionality. It may be you were told the wrong thing or we misunderstood the problem. In your case I would recommend you call in so that we can do remote assistance into your computer and check out everything first-hand. Our contact information can be found at www.sonos.com/contact.