Skip to main content

I may be wrong on this, but I am sure when I looked through my album list in the music library, I got a grid view of the album names and cover art. Now I get a list view. This using the controller app on Android.

Is it my imagination that it used to be a grid view? I can’t seem to find any setting option to toggle between grid and list views.

On my iPad mini, I still get a grid view of the albums.

i understand that it’s just the case that the Sonos software auto-selects how to display the Albums/Artwork depending on which controller device is being used and in which orientation.

Here are two attached screenshots of the same Album list, one is from an iPhone XR (list view) and the other is from an iPad Pro (grid view). 

I’ve never seen any option in the App that allows the user to switch the view/display between grid and list view, but perhaps try your iPad mini in different orientations to see if the Album display may alter.

Thanks Ken. It is on my phone where I thought I had previously seen a grid view. Now just a list view. Not the end of the world and I’m sure I will get used to it!!

On my iPad the local library is displayed as a list except for the Albums view.

The format used for display is a function of the device (as described by Ken above) and the music service: music services can specify the preferred format on a per-list (and per-device) basis.