Skip to main content

Hi everyone. I’m logged into my Sonos account with no problems, but no one else in my home can use their own logins on the service. Only my account is recognised. Is there anything we can do? Not even getting a drop down to see other Spotify (for example) accounts.

In addition no one else can add their Spotify or other accounts on their devices because the Sonos app demands that they sign in with my Sonos account first. Surely it’s not supposed to work like this?

All users must login to your Sonos system/account with your username/password, then add each Spotify account like this: https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3624?language=en_US

There is a single Sonos account/password, used by all, then add each individual music service account as required.

I logged in as myself on the other device, but with the result that the other person now has control of the Sonos, my account settings are greyed out on my device. Still no option to switch Spotify accounts within the app either.

Hi. You need to make it clear whether the account referred to each time is the Sonos account or a Spotify account. 

Don't think of the Sonos account as your account.  Think of it as the Sonos system account, over which you have control.

Please explain the current position again. 

Hi John. I’m talking about the Sonos account, so the example:

- I’m the Sonos owner and logged in on the Sonos app with my account.

- Partner wants to access the Sonos network via the Sonos app to play Spotify. However, he can only see my Spotify account via the Sonos app. There is no option to change the Spotify service account details (or any of the services). Only mine is visible.

- Following the first answer above, we logged his phone app into Sonos via my account, which is the only account it will accept. That didn’t help, so we removed and reinstalled the Spotify service on the Sonos app. Now his account is visible and not mine. Again, no option to toggle between Spotify accounts anywhere.

Hi. There is no option to toggle because you removed one Spotify account before adding the other!

Whoever's Spotify account is currently not added needs to log into the single Sonos account on his or her phone and add their Spotify account.

Ah yes, got it now, thanks for your help John. It would help if this was detailed clearly on the Sonos help pages :)