Skip to main content

Hi, 

we have a Sonos Play 3 in my daughters bedroom which we use to help her sleep playing lullabies etc, however we have been told about Moshi Sleep app. 

it does not play via Sonos but can via airplay it seems. However none of my equipment is that recent to allow it. If I were to upgrade to a newer component or speaker would this then work through airplay does anyone know. Ideally throughout our Sonos system?

thanks in advance.

john

Honestly, it’s based on the app, and has nothing whatsoever to do with Sonos. The only part that Sonos plays is being the receiver to the AirPlay 2 signal. Not all apps have integrated the Apple API that can handle AirPlay 2. I’d guesstimate more than 90%have, but not all, so your best bet would be to find a forum that has users of the Moshi app, and check to see if any of the users are using AirPlay 2. Or contact the app creator directly, and double check. 

Once you’ve confirmed that, I’d recommend a Sonos One SL for your daughter’s room. It has AirPlay 2 compatibility, but no microphone for a voice assistant, so she won’t have the opportunity to mistakenly give commands to a voice assistant. Or, if you want the option to do that, then the Sonos One is a great choice. 

Thanks for reply.

i have contacted Moshi app to ask if they can use Sonos platform. I think I will need to raid piggy bank if upgrade her speaker to one of the ones you mentioned.

i spent a fortune on Sonos stuff years ago and I’m frightened it’s becoming a bit obsolete and being left behind with new features.

will see how I get on with response from Moshi and let you know. I’m praying for some sleep from her and allow me to use my Spotify elsewhere in the house ha!

thanks again for reply.

I’d reframe the question to Moshi. If you asked them if they can use the Sonos platform, that implies complete integration by using the data on the Sonos partners page. While that’s a good goal, it would take some time to implement. I’d instead just ask them if their app could be used with AirPlay 2, which would give you immediate options.