Skip to main content

Hi,

Sonos controller on Android will not show the album title when playing?

It only shows The artist name twice? See picture below:

This only happens when i play from my NAS disk, not from Spotify?

And it also works on my windows desktop

And it just happens here, was working fine earlier.

The problem is on my OnePlus 7T Pro with Android 11

Sonos OS: S2

Sonos app version: 13.4.1

Appreciate any help regarding this issue!!

Edit: After a bit more research, I see that this only applies to FLAC files?

I’d suggest you check the metadata (tags) on the FLAC files. The ARTIST name could have been copied into the ALBUM tag. 

Hi ratty,

And thanks for answering me!

I have checked the tags and it’s showing the correct info.

Could it be that my program i use to tag my files is to old? The last update was in 2018?

The program is called: Tag&Rename

Maybe someone could recommend a good program for adding metadata to my music files?

Thanks for all help!

I’d try MP3Tag, free and excellent, I use it for cleaning album art and other bits.  That will confirm if the meta data is set correctly, you can always delete it after. 

Given you’re the first person to raise this as an issue I’d agree with Ratty that it’s the meta data at fault.

Let us know how you get on.

I have now tried MP3Tag and it seems like my tag where OK, nothing wrong with them?

I Have the folder structure like this on my NAS music library: Folder with Artistname - And inside that folder i have new folders with Year and album titles. Like this: Fit For An Autopsy - [2022] Oh What The Future Holds.

See picture below:

If i add the album by long press and play now on the artist name it will only show up like this: Fit For An Autopsy - Fit For An Autopsy?

If i go inn to the album and long press and play now it will show up like this: Fit For An Autopsy - 2022] Oh What The Future Holds? It shows the folder name? Not the album name that’s in the tag?

But if i i long press one of the songs and play now, it shows up correctly?

Ah, I see what’s happening.

In recent times the controller display changed. What you’re seeing on the Now Playing screen is:

• {track title}
  • {artist} - {original container}

The {original container} was the entity you selected to play all the tracks. It could be a playlist name, an artist name, an album name, a folder name, and so forth. 

Thanks ratty for clearing this for me!:thumbsup:

It’s just an annoying thing… The controller works like a charm but it’s this small thing that’s annoying.

I believe this was not a problem before they updated the controller.

Thanks again!!