Skip to main content

How do I manage my Sonos playlists which feature Google Play Music songs, which will soon no longer be available, and migrate them to YouTube Music?

Is there a simple solution? 

Or do I need to go song by song?

Any advice will be welcome.

Is it really a Sonos Playlist, or is it a Google playlist? (The distinction is important). If its a Google playlist, use soundiiz.com to convert it to any other music service. If its a Sonos playlist, use my iOS app (see profile) to export as text, then use soundiiz.com to convert that.

Many thanks for responding. The playlist is a Sonos playlist, featuring many Google Play Music songs. Therefore I will follow your recommendation to use your app, export the list as text and then convert it using Soundiiz. Thanks again.

Is it really a Sonos Playlist, or is it a Google playlist? (The distinction is important). If its a Google playlist, use soundiiz.com to convert it to any other music service. If its a Sonos playlist, use my iOS app (see profile) to export as text, then use soundiiz.com to convert that.

Great Phonos Plus app!  I’ve converted my playlists to text and saved them in my iPhone.  Just not sure what my next steps are on soundiiz.com?? Thanks in advance for any advice

In “Phonos Plus” export as human-readable, to a txt file.

In soundiiz.com, Import Playlist / From a file / choose the txt file from above

Select which Service you want it copied to (eg Spotify)

Profit.

In “Phonos Plus” export as human-readable, to a txt file.

In soundiiz.com, Import Playlist / From a file / choose the txt file from above

Select which Service you want it copied to (eg Spotify)

Profit.

Thanks for your quick reply!
I got an error code 199 a couple times. It half-worked and imported 135 of 200 songs. Also, limited to 200 songs per import. Eg. I have an acoustic version of Bruno Mar’s Versace on the floor and it imported the original version. So I think will still be a bit of a manual process to be 100% accurate 😞. Hope I never have to do this again!!! I have 10 coveted playlists built over many years that I need to transfer to YouTube Music.