Answered

Making Era300 and Move 2 work together in a single room

• 4 October 2023
  • 3 replies

Recently bought a Move 2 as addition to my Era 300 to use together in my main living room with the option to take the Move 2 outside to flexibly broaden the area’s covered. Following 2 features are missing - any workarounds to this?

- using the physical volume buttons on either device I would like to impact the other device as well (currently only 1 device impacted but they are in the same room - I want both simultaneously)

- it’s possible to set individual volume levels per speaker which is nice as it allows to perfectly balance out based on position how strong each volume needs to be. However - for the automations (e.g. playing radio to wake up) this option is sadly not available. 

Any workarounds, fixes, things I am missing? 

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 4 October 2023, 12:37

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

You can’t pair them but you can group them on wifi. Then you’ll have a “master” volume for both, and individual settings for each, via the app. 

That functionality I’ve found - but sadly enough it doesn’t address the 2 “issue topics” mentioned above. 

Recently bought a Move 2 as addition to my Era 300 to use together in my main living room with the option to take the Move 2 outside to flexibly broaden the area’s covered. Following 2 features are missing - any workarounds to this?

- using the physical volume buttons on either device I would like to impact the other device as well (currently only 1 device impacted but they are in the same room - I want both simultaneously)

When Sonos products are grouped together the ‘hardware’ volume controls ‘by design’ operate independently on each speaker. To have both use the over-arching ‘group volume’ you can use the Sonos App, or voice control (Alexa or SVC)… there are options using other Apps too.

- it’s possible to set individual volume levels per speaker which is nice as it allows to perfectly balance out based on position how strong each volume needs to be. However - for the automations (e.g. playing radio to wake up) this option is sadly not available. 

Any workarounds, fixes, things I am missing? 

No, an alarm sets the ‘grouped’ rooms to the same chosen volume - you can only currently do this with separate alarms, or with third party Apps, like Soro for iOS, but that iOS Shortcut-Plugin  App has a bit of a learning curve to achieve the desired outcome. You could of course contact Sonos via this LINK and put this forward as a feature request.

HTH