Skip to main content

Not going to re-hash the omni-shambles the recent app updates has been but we’ve been re-assured that we can keep searching Music Library on desktop controller. Well yesterday I could search my NAS stored Music Library and today Music Library as a source has disappeared. I am seeing an update Now option. 

Really Sonos? Why would I do that?

Music Library disappearing from Desktop controller has been a long established bug but always has re-appeared if I close and re-open program on Mac. Not now.

What else will break if I update controller on Mac?

Also Mac updates haven’t worked for over a year meaning had to update manually by downloading updater.

The old Windows app has an update available too (v79.0). I can’t find any release notes. So I’m not updating!
My local library is currently searchable using the old Windows app so I don’t want the new “update” to disable that.
Trust and transparency with Sonos is very low currently.

Oh dear, Oh dear. Thank you SONOS for screwing up my life yet again. Updated my iPad to the latest Sonos App a couple of days ago - my android phone updated to the same without me even asking it- what a load of pants, completely done my head in. Keeps defaulting to a room group I don’t want to play music in, have to re-group rooms every time, it’s not showing the queue, you can’t clear the queue, you can’t add music, the alphabetic search list has gone, etc, etc…and now ...to cap it all, my mac did a sonos auto system upgrade last night and even my old treasured SONOS S2 app has screwed up, the link to my iTunes library has disappeared and all my saved playlists ….so I have no music through SONOS at all !!!!!!!! At least I can talk to the SONOS voice control or Alexa through my speakers - oh wait no I can’t - that doesn’t work either.

Check on eBay everyone some shelves and plant stands going up for sale..

Sonos Arc,

sub,

two ERA100s,

beam,

two play bars,

4 play1s, 

two mini subs,

two play one SLs, 

two Play3s,

a Move,

a Boost

a Port

and several speaker stands and wall brackets all seemingly now defunct -

would suit someone with a very large brain, deep pockets and loads of patience - I’ve run out of all these I’m afraid.

Thank god for my Bose Mini link and iTunes. At least I can play some soothing music through them and contemplate the future while SONOS drag their feet to fix all of this shambles while counting the hard earned money I’ve spent with them.

REALLY, REALLY Peed off with you this time SONOS.