Skip to main content

I’ve lost my remote.  How and where do I purchase a new one? Thanks. Also, I purchased my playbar in Dec.2019.   Do I need Sonos S2 or do I stay with S1.  

Which Sonos device came with a remote control? 

Playbar can work with S1 or S2, but if you have no legacy devices S2 will get future enhancements and should be your better option. 

I am pretty sure you haven't lost it but never had one. To the best of my knowledge no such device exists. 

You can control the volume with an IR remote, so if your TV has one of those you can use that. In the Playbar settings go into Remote Control Setup. 

And the app (on Android, PC or IOS) provides volume control, too.

Thank you all for your responses.  I have updated to S2 and it’s working.  Yeah.  I only have the playbar, no other devices.  There was a remote I used to turn the playbar off/on, etc.  it looked just like my Samsung tv remote. Hmm, I wonder if I was using my old Samsung playbar remote.  As you can tell I’m Sonos ignorant so appreciate your help.  Well it’s working, playing music and the S2 app works so I’ll leav3 it at that.  Thanks again.  

So I went into setup on Sonos S2 and it says I already have a remote control connected to the playbar so that’s good that I wasn’t losing my mind.  Now to figure the rest of the puzzle.  In the meantime I have the app on my iPad and phone so can control the volume.  Thanks again.  

I think you can just go through the remote control setup again with another remote and it will just replace what is there currently.