Skip to main content

I’m not seeing a desktop controller app for my MAC to link my iTunes account to the Sonos app on my iPhone.  The MAcBook pro is older.  

Older versions of Mac OS don’t support the Sonos desktop controller, but you can still link your music library on your Mac through the Sonos app.

That sounds fine but when I try music library setup in the app it asks me for path/computer/share name  and login/password.  Is that the right spot to link?  Not sure what path/computer/sharename info is.

That is the correct spot.

For Path, type “\\Computer Name\Music

Find your Computer Name in the System Preferences on your Mac under Sharing.

Where there is a space in your Computer Name, use a dash. For example… “John Doe’s Macbook” would be typed as “\\John-Does-Macbook\Music”.

Type the username and password if it’s required.

I keep getting an error on the Sonos app saying the Computer has refused to let the Sonos product connect to it.  Also is just \Music after the computer path good enough or do you need to list the multiple folders to drill down, like \Music\iTunes\ etc etc?

thanks!!

Try this:

Under System Preferences, go to Sharing and check File Sharing. Under Shared Folders, click + and add your Music folder that is inside your user folder (usually indicated by a house icon). After this, try Music Library Setup again in the Sonos app.

I think I got it!  Thanks!