Answered

Latest Update

• 26 October 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

I’ve just recieved the latest syatem update on my Sonos Beam Gen 2 and Sub Mini. what does the update fix/improve please? Will it fix a problem Ive had with my TV switching back to TV speakers from the Beam and needing a power cycle to reconnect.

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 26 October 2023, 15:16

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Any release notes are here: 

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/release-notes-for-sonos-s2

It just says…

• Bug fixes and performance enhancements.

…so quite possibly, but try it and see. It may depend on your TV make/model etc. or it might be your cable connection etc. 

If the issues do persist however, then it maybe best to submit a Sonos system diagnostic report from within the Sonos App, note it’s reference and then contact/chat with Sonos Support Staff via this LINK  and see what the Staff can perhaps suggest to resolve the matter.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Thanks, I’ll monitor and if not fixed follow the link

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Sounds like a problem with the TV, not the Beam, you should look into a firmware update for that. At minimum tell us what TV you have.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Sounds like a problem with the TV, not the Beam, you should look into a firmware update for that. At minimum tell us what TV you have.

I’m sure its not the Beam. But have seen on a few forums people having the same issues.

It’s a Samsung QE43QN90B Qled 43” 10 months old, It has the latest firmware update, Sonos beam Gen2 + Sub Mini 6 Months old connected to the eArc HDMI and a Firestick connected to HDMI 2. I’ve purchased a Lindy CEC free HDMI adapter and connected that to the Firestick because I thought that was the problem at first.