Skip to main content

keeping place in queue

• 22 May 2017
  • 8 replies

I have my entire music library - 35,000+ songs on shuffle in my queue. Is there any way to save my place? It's kind of a pain to scroll down so many songs after going away from it.
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

The queue pointer is lost when another source is selected. The only option is to group with another player and transfer the queue plus pointer to that, then transfer it back again later.
Badge
Correct. Called Sonos and this can't be done. What is needed is the ability to get focus back to the queue. If you could Play/Unpause the queue, I think it would resume. But you can't regain queue focus so you are forced to start over with the music library playlist or saved queue where your only choices are Play All and Shuffle.
Is there any progress going on to resume Playlists?
The Sonos System is so versatile usable. Our Family can play all our music, which is organised in several playlists depending on genre and others. We also play audio drama on them. But every time someone recalls another playlist the position in the previous playlist is lost. That compromises the whole usability.
Will there be a development in the near future?
I have my entire music library - 35,000+ songs on shuffle in my queue. Is there any way to save my place? It's kind of a pain to scroll down so many songs after going away from it.
Similar to misty_1, I shuffle large folders of 1000's of songs (e.g. all classical or all pop).

The queue pointer is lost when another source is selected. The only option is to group with another player and transfer the queue plus pointer to that, then transfer it back again later.
And exactly as ratty says I maintain my position by transferring the queue to a different room and I've been doing this for many years.

HOWEVER since a recent update I can no longer maintain my position in the queue by transferring it. Instead the new room restarts playing from the first track in the original shuffled list.

This is a FUNDEMENTAL issue and is totally ruining my SONOS experience.
No change that I can see. It's fundamentally how you move a source between rooms.

Go into the group dialog for room A. Check room B and uncheck room A. Hit 'Done'. The current source/queue/position transfers from room A to room B, whether it's playing or not. Do the reverse from room B back to room A.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Similar to misty_1, I shuffle large folders of 1000's of songs (e.g. all classical or all pop).

And exactly as ratty says I maintain my position by transferring the queue to a different room and I've been doing this for many years.

HOWEVER since a recent update I can no longer maintain my position in the queue by transferring it. Instead the new room restarts playing from the first track in the original shuffled list.

This is a FUNDEMENTAL issue and is totally ruining my SONOS experience.

Hi bullfinch,

I've discussed this issue with our tier 2 team and we've been able to reproduce the behavior. We're looking into it, and I'll update this thread when we have more information to share.
Further to my earlier post, I've also managed to get it to lose the queue position when handing over between rooms. If it's done as a two-step process -- add room B to the group and hit 'Done', then drop room A and hit 'Done' -- it appears to be more dependable.
We’ve recently been introduced to this issue and it’s a huge problem for us. I’ve seen the work arounds this thread describes and I’m sincerely hoping a solution can be developed that will not require jumping through flaming hoops just to hold the place in the queue after changing to another source. I agree with bullfinch, this is really a problem and it’s actually making me think about abandoning Sonos because it’s a daily pain in the rear just to listen to what we want to listen to.