Skip to main content

I’m using the latest version of the Sonos app on my iPad and my iPhone. My Sonos system is up to date as well. I’m logged into my Sonos account on the app. I have Apple Music as my main source, but also Amazon Music. If I search for an artist, like CAIN and from Apple Music choose the station, “CAIN & Similar Artists Station”. It plays just fine and like it should. If I come back another day and select that choice from the list of Recent Searches within the Sonos app, it always shows “No results” or doesn’t even show Apple Music as an option. If I then delete everything and just search for “CAIN” and then select stations, the “CAIN & Similar Artists Station” appears as available and under Apple Music.

I don’t understand why a recent search wouldn’t bring up the exact same results as what I originally selected for that search. Could this be a bug since it does it on both my iPad and iPhone?

Here’s a screen recording showing how Apple Music doesn’t appear even though it was the original selected result. I only get it to show when I delete everything but the artist’s name. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BbzG1EzWPMWvrLrX4vjOpoDzzMF9W6Yy/view?usp=sharing

I believe it’s because your chosen search ‘tab’ is set to look for ‘Artists’ in the App and the text that is put into the search bar is not actually an Artists Name, at least not until you remove some of the text and reduce it so that it becomes “Chris Botti” (an Artist Name) and immediately that is seen by the Apple Music service search service as an ‘Artist’ and so the results are then immediately displayed from that service.

That’s what I believe is likely happening in your video link.

Thanks @Ken_Griffiths for the response. I made sure to tap Stations first and then selected the choice from Recent Searches and it still doesn’t display the results from Apple Music until I delete everything back to just the Artist name.

New screen recording, https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sCpq9HC-aR6dAVrmN4cE4oRbJgLA8uLJ/view?usp=sharing

Dunno then @csnodgr2🤔? - it maybe best to perhaps report the issue and see what the Sonos Support Staff can discover from your video and a diagnostic report. Here’s a LINK to contact them.

Hope that helps and you can find the answer to it.

Contacted Sonos, they suggested just using the Star icon (My Sonos) which shows thumbnails of Recently Played. From there if I click on one of the Artist & Similar Artist options the music plays as it should. The bug seems to be with just using the Recent Search history option and with the search phrase “Artist & Similar Artist”. Other Recent Search options like Smooth Jazz Station works just fine as does just select an Artist name. The rep said they’d look into the issue, but it didn’t sound like that would actually happen since the Star icon option works.

Contacted Sonos, they suggested just using the Star icon (My Sonos) which shows thumbnails of Recently Played. From there if I click on one of the Artist & Similar Artist options the music plays as it should. The bug seems to be with just using the Recent Search history option and with the search phrase “Artist & Similar Artist”. Other Recent Search options like Smooth Jazz Station works just fine as does just select an Artist name. The rep said they’d look into the issue, but it didn’t sound like that would actually happen since the Star icon option works.

You’ve made Sonos aware of the issue @csnodgr2 and that’s all anyone can really do with these things. My own experience is that Sonod do tend to fix these things, but it’s sometimes a case of when it becomes a priority. Anyhow thanks for coming back with the outcome, that’s appreciated.👍