Question

Is there anyone that likes the new app? Does Sonos management care?

• 9 December 2017
  • 30 replies

Userlevel 1
The new app is so incredibly non-intuitive. I see many complaints. I imagine more would complain if they didn't have to create profiles to discuss in the community. The usability seems bad enough I am questioning selling my sonos equipment. Is there any out there who actually likes the new app interface? Are there advantages? Has Sonos management listened to customers on this issue?
Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

30 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
How exactly many threads to there need to be on the subject?
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
How exactly many threads to there need to be on the subject?

Probably = # users who want to post their opinion in their own thread.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I said how many do we "need" not how many are people physically capable of producing. Very much a difference.
I won't go as far as saying I like it, and some clearly hate it. But if you stick to a couple of principles I think you will find it isn't cause to sell your system. I suspect that tablet users tend to find it a bigger adjustment than mobile users.
The key things are to use the tab bar at the bottom of the screen to navigate. From the Now Playing screen you need to swipe the screen done to show the tab bar.
To select a room tap the Rooms button then tap your room Then tap Browse, Search or My Sonos to pick music.
Do not use the 'red room' thing on the Now Playing screen. Get back to the Rooms screen via the Rooms button for anything to do with rooms.

See if that helps.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
If you want your voice heard - posting to the master thread on the subject would do a lot better then additional arbitrary threads (sorry avninja - not to say you knew where to locate that thread).

https://en.community.sonos.com/announcements-228985/now-available-the-new-sonos-app-6791306/index18.html#post16176435
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I will even go on and dump on my opinion.
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
I said how many do we "need" not how many are people physically capable of producing. Very much a difference.

Ugh you said "we" - however many "we" want.
Unless by "we" you mean the small group of posters who do 2/3 of every posts?

Instead of crapping on OPs thread move on and enjoy your Saturday FFS.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
yea your that type I mentioned in my post about the new app.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
and by the type that post on 2/3 of threads.... oh you mean the people that come on here to provide aid, support and help to others not the bullys that are only here to disrespect others and provide no value. Yea.
Userlevel 7
Badge +16
Every Sonos customer should be entitled to make a thread regardless of what other deem acceptable or not.

Bullying people off the forum is not the way to go.

Surely the more threads posted by actual usesrs the better, burying all the complaints in on thread is a very convenient way to hide the widespread disappointment of the 8.xx series app.
Userlevel 3
Badge +4
From the message I had from the CEO those complaining are classed as a very small community.
I don’t actually think anything will happen unless they perceive a drop in sales, would I sell my system no.
Would I now recommend or buy more sonos no.

If the Apple speaker gets great reviews I many look at a long term swap out.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Actually you can just blow me off as some fanboy but basic Internet forum etiquette says you don’t post multiple threads on the same topic. It is just annoying to other users who guess what don’t come here for your agenda.

It only is it rude encouraging others to post multiple threads on the same topic - it is counter productive. No one is gong to pay attention to dozens of “me to thread” vs having those people post in a thread with hundreds of posts that Sonos has said they are monitoring and sending feedback to development.

Of course that isn’t your concern as you have no interests in all the other threads in this forum that ask for feedback and help with other issues that you don’t care about. That makes you less valuable contributor and more troll.

Best of luck
Userlevel 6
Badge +8
Actually you can just blow me
Off as some fanboy but basic Internet forum etiquette says you don’t post multiple threads on the same topic. It is just annoying to other users who guess what don’t come here for your agenda.

Wow! And the forum moderators think this is okay?
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
Actually you can just blow me

lol thats pretty creative, nice job.

The only rude thing was your thread dump, and lame attempts to justify. Major but hurt, SAD!.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
That actually wasn’t intentional punctuation. But does read rather crude. Let me fix that sorry.

Actually won’t let me fix. But the line indentuon there is not intended that way or meant.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I see - so my opinions on the app don’t matter just yours. Nice and proves me correct. It’s your way and your agenda that is only thing that matters here.
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
I see - so my opinions on the app don’t matter just yours. Nice and proves me correct. It’s your way and your agenda that is only thing that matters here.

Wow such drama. You haven't posted your opinion on the app just that you don't think this thread should exist.
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
I think it is perfectly fine for anyone to start a new thread — they’ve paid their money, and they have every right to be heard, and it is their choice whether it is at the end of an existing thread or at the start of a new one.

If as posted above the CEO believes these people to be a ‘small’ part of the community, then the more threads the better I say. Unfortunately (and this is my opinion only) Sonos seem to have a ‘we know best’ attitude and are not too responsive to feedback. Others will think differently of course — as I said, just opinions.

And talking of opinion, I was in Richer Sounds the other day — they sell shedloads of Sonos kit. I thought it might be interesting to ask the staff (they are good blokes in RS) their thoughts and both thought the product was worse for V8. This, too was the feedback they’d had from customers.

This is all opinion, hearsay, and anecdotal. In that respect worth not a jot. And so will be ignored by all at Sonos, but I feel better for posting it 🙂

Have a great Sunday
Andrew
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I posted my opinion on the appropriate thread to post my opinion.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I simply said it is more appropriate to post it on the thread about the matter. And spamming the sight with multiple threads is not really very good forum etiquette. Really if the site had moderators like a normal site they would merge those threads in with the prime thread and notify the user as such.
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
I simply said it is more appropriate to post it on the thread about the matter. And spamming the sight with multiple threads is not really very good forum etiquette. Really if the site had moderators like a normal site they would merge those threads in with the prime thread and notify the user as such.

So your story is u r woke AF over forum etiquette in a forum with zero posting rules?Would be believable if u peeps didn't crap all over every slightly negative thread such as how this played out.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Blah blah yea whatever you feel like. Enjoy.
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
Blah blah yea whatever you feel like. Enjoy.

Chris u like the new app?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
No. I have said I do not like the new app. And I especially do not like the previous version where the queue is too easy to delete. And?
I see little Logan's back again. :8