Skip to main content

Hi there,

I just bought the Sonos Amp to connect it to my speakers (which are from a different company). My speakers are quite big, but for the sake of my neighbors I do not use them at full volume. However, when I try to use the touch bar on the Sonos Amp, the sound effects are incredibly loud! It is like the sound effects are blasted at a significantly higher volume than the actual music and this makes the touch bar unusable for me.

Actually I do not care for the sound effects in general, but there seem to be no option to disable only the sound effects, but only the buttons in total. I disabled the buttons now, because I simply cannot use them this way, but this solution is not really satisfying.

I found some topics on this questions and it seems like there used to be no option, but these threads were rather old and the topics are closed.

Thus, I’d like to know if there is any update and maybe now there is an option to do this? Or is Sonos at least planning this feature? I am a software developer myself and, of course, you never know how things are implemented, but in general this should not be such a big thing…

Best wishes and I hope there is a solution, because I’d really like to use the touch bar.

Best wishes

Micha

it appears the button volume for that sound effect is related to the volume of the device for the input it is currently set to.

my Five is connected to a TV via Line In. i have the Line In Autoplay Volume set to 80% so i can control the volume level from the TV. when i bump the buttons when the Five has Autoplayed to the Line In i’ll get a blast at the 80% volume level.

i’ll hazard a guess that you might have your Amp’s Line In set similarly and you’re getting the blast when it’s tuned to that input. you could check this by touching the buttons when listening to a streaming source and have the volume down.

when i had the Play:5(gen 1) in this setting it had hard buttons i rarely used so never noticed. with the location of the Five i’ll be bumping it more in this situation so i’d like to see at least volume limiter set on the sound effect or an option to disable it w/o disabling the buttons themselves.

I agree I would like to disable the ‘boop’ sound effect when using the Touch Controls on Sonos Move, 

Hi @all.

Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. Thanks for bringing this up. As of now, disabling the touch control sound effect on Sonos is not yet available as that sound depends on the volume of the speaker. We appreciate all the comments and feedback here in the community. We'll make sure that we'll pass this on to our engineering team as a feature request on having an option to turn on or off the sound when adjusting the volume fo the speakers. Rest assured that we'll try our best to improve your experience with our Sonos products and services.

If you have other questions about your Sonos products, feel free to reach out.

The Sonos community is always here to help.

Thanks,

+1 for a way to disable the volume button sound effect. Just bought two Sonos 1’s and find that the sound interferes with my listening experience. I expected better.

Hi there,

I just purchased a Sonos SL One and was disappointed to get home and find these sound effects. I don’t recall them being present in the store.

Please get the engineering to work on this immediately and provide an option in settings. It ruins the mood and now I will never use the those buttons which such a shame because I love the light to the touch style.

Please fix this ASAP

Kind regards

I agree. They are bloody annoying. Please fix.