Answered

Is the Spotify autoplay feature still not available on sonos ?

• 25 September 2023
  • 4 replies

I am using Spotify on my Sonos system (era 300 + one), and I am surprised that it seems to be impossible to enable Spotify autoplay (keep playing recommended songs after an album ends).

I have found old closed topics about this from 2 years ago, is it still impossible ?

I understand that some people hate it, I love it, it would be amazing to just be able to enable / disable it.

Thanks !

icon

Best answer by Jamie A 26 September 2023, 13:00

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @alexandrecaze, welcome to the Sonos Community!

If you’d like to make use of this feature, I’d suggest casting to your Sonos speakers using the Direct Connect option in the Spotify app. 

While we have the option of using many music services on Sonos, we don’t choose what third party features we are allowed to use as this is up to the Music Service provided themselves (Spotify in this case). If you would like to see this feature used in the Sonos integration of Spotify, I would suggest you reach out to Spotify to request this.

I hope this helps!

Hi @Jamie A, thanks for your answer !

The Direct Direct Connect option of Spotify works indeed if I am launching my music via the Spotify app.

However, I have a homemade setup and would like to use an API (either Spotify or Sonos) to play my music. Today :

• With the Sonos API : I don’t have access to spotify autoplay. So your recommendation is to make a request to Spotify to allow you guys to expose the feature in your API ?

Thanks again for your help :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @alexandrecaze,

From digging around and discussing with colleagues, it doesn’t seem like there is a way around this with either API. So using Direct Connect to have the Autoplay feature from Spotify would be your only option.

I have also marked this thread as a feature request to be forwarded to the relevant teams for their consideration, though I would still recommend you reach out to Spotify and let them know you’d like this as a feature.

If you have any further suggestions feel free to post them!

Thank you @Jamie A !