Question

Is it possible to use a Sonos Favourite for an alarm?

• 7 November 2015
  • 6 replies

Badge
  • Avid Contributor I
  • 4 replies
If I make a radio station or playlist a Favourite it stops being available in the alarm choice, what is the way around this?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

I don't follow. Radio stations have to be included in the My Radio Stations list to be selectable as an alarm source. Also, it makes no difference whether a station or playlist has been added to Sonos Favorites, it's still available for an alarm.

Sonos Favorites themselves cannot be used for alarms. They're simply shortcuts.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
If I make a radio station or playlist a Favourite it stops being available in the alarm choice, what is the way around this?

Hi Fdotr,

Ratty is correct in that you can't choose Sonos favorites when setting up an alarm. You can, however, choose the same music sources as you have in your favorites. Another option might be to make an alarm using a Sonos playlist, which can have music in it from multiple sources.

I'll submit a feature request to add Sonos favorites to the available sources in the alarms page.

I'm moving this conversation into the controllers and software area for better visibility.
Badge
Thank you Jeff S.
Look forward to this enhancement! Since favorites seem to be mere bookmarks/pointers to absolute links, I suppose you could also preserve the absolute link to the source in the alarm's settings, should it be removed from favorites after defining the alarm.
Userlevel 2
When I search in Sonos for an artist in Spotify and find that Spotify has a Radio Station for this artist, I am given only one option to save it, and that is Save to Sonos Favorites. I see no option to save to My Radio Stations. I therefore cannot use that radio station as an Alarm, because it is only in Sonos Favorites and those cannot be used for an alarm. Am I missing something?
Badge +1
Hi rorser. Currently there is no way to add an Artist Radio Station as an alarm on Sonos but I can submit a feature enhancement request for you as well. Let us know if you have any other questions.
Userlevel 2
Thanks Jose. I sure would appreciate your adding that to the Wishlist of features.