Skip to main content
I have two Sonos Play1’s on the same network.

The Sonos app sees both players as separate rooms, and currently, the app can play the Sonos in either room (as expected)

What I would like to be able to do is to add an additional level of security so that anyone using the app to play music would have to add a password or something similar to play music in a specific room.

The reason I need this functionality is because the two Sonos Play1’s I have, although they are connected to the same network, they are in different buildings. So with the current set up, someone in Building 1 (Room1) is also able to play the Sonos system in Building 2 (Room2), which is clearly a problem!

If there is a solution to this problem, could you please advise.
This is not possible, unfortunately. Your best bet is to set them up as two different Sonos "households". If I recall correctly, it should be possible to do that even if they are on the same network.

To do this, factory reset one of the two speakers and set it up as a new system.
Is there any time at which you would wish to play the same music in sync on both speakers? If not you could just set them up as separate systems.
@Sjoop1985 beat me to it! I concur completely with his advice..
For practical reasons you would be best to have separate control devices for the two systems. I suggest you power off the speaker you are not resetting while you set up the second system. Whichever device you choose to control the new system, reset the controller app then choose 'set up new system'.
Many thanks. ..I'll give this a go...cheers Ash