Skip to main content

Irritating Process for Room Selection

• 30 November 2017
  • 5 replies

Anyone else keep doing this. You see at the bottom of the app in bold red your room name. So you intuitively think that to change rooms you need to tap it. You then realise that this isn’t for room selecting, this is for sending the current room’s music to other rooms. So you realise you have to go back a step to select the blacked out rooms logo at the bottom of the app to change rooms.

Time after time I keep doing this. Please bring room selection back as a constant one tap function no matter where you are in the app please.
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Yep I do that all the time. I think even on nownplaying they should have the bottom menu bar to make movement easier.
Userlevel 7
Badge +17
despite all the talk by some persons of 'muscle memory' when the app first came out and it just takes time to 'relearn' the new layout, my muscles have not adapted in the slightest and I still find the app a total PITA to use and constantly making wrong selections, including the one mentioned above.

My 'constructive criticism' - take the new app and modify it to work just like the last revision (not the first) of the old one. It was by no means perfection but it was considerably better than this one. Not a single one of my friends, family and colleagues who own sonos (and there are many) prefer the new app
Funny, in the 45 page 5.0 complaint thread, people were still complaining it being "unintuititve' 5 months after the release. I'll spare the embarrassment for some posters and not mention any names.
I think even on nownplaying they should have the bottom menu bar to make movement easier.
Agreed. Not so much because of muscle memory, but because of the tendency of over burdened handhelds to sometimes not respond to the swipe gesture. Most irritating when that happens.
Totally agree, hate the new app as it's so hard to use. Seeing what music is playing in a given room and changing it is a real trial and so much harder than under the old software - surely it goes through some sort of acceptance before release?

Very close to washing my hands of it all by selling all my Sonos players and replacing them with something which doesn't have appalling software and make you wait to rediscover WiFi every time you open the bloody thing.

Not good enough and it hasn't been for a long time.