Skip to main content

I opened the sonos app on the iphone 11 and it asked me if I wanted to connect via bluetooth. I wasn't logged in so it was just the raw sonos app. I chose yes and it connected to the speakers. Still wondering how that happened considering sonos Play 1 is not known to have bluetooth capabilities.  I then checked on the iphones settings and bluetooth was off.  It might have connected via wifi but still baffled. Aomeone, please help.

Hi. I find it hard to believe thst it was the Sonos app that asked you about BT

It is not correct to say thst the Plsy:1 is not known to have BT capabilities.  It is known not to have BT capabilities. Any connection you obtained must have been over wifi.

There is no such thing as a 'raw Sonos app' as opposed to being logged in. 

I shouldn't worry about it.

Since iOS 13 my iPhone asks me for permission to use bluetooth on a lot af apps. For your use of Sonos bluetooth is not necessary, so you could deny permission. If you would buy a new One (gen2) though, bluetooth is used for helping to establish the first connection. After that it runs on wifi. So for newer Sonos devices you do need to give the Sonos app permission to use bluetooth.

Thanks a lot doe the response guys .

Are you sure you have a Play:1 and not a Sonos One?  if you have a Sonos One and are in the process of stetting it  up, Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) would be used, and I can see where the Sonos app would asked for permission in that case.