Skip to main content
When I try and unselect the current room that is selected on the app, it unselects, and then I select another room and press done - the old room is still selected. There seems to be no way to select another room. Currently I'm using an Android tablet. I've tried this on another iPhone. Same problem. Is nobody else having this problem?
You are using the Quick Group function, which is only for grouping. Swipe down to bring up the tabs bar, tap Rooms, double tap the room you wish to view.
The newest version of the Sonos app for iPhone doesn’t have this swipe down, tabs bar, ‘rooms’ function. I’ve been a Sonos user since its introduction in the early 2000s. Switching rooms on the old controllers or with the iPhone app has never been such a headache and hassle. Let’s get back to simple here. If Sonos defaults to a zone, all I should have to do to play a zone/room from the iPhone app is to select the desired room instead of having to fiddle with the swipe down, tabs bar, rooms selection nonsense. By the way, while they’re at it they should fix the iPad app to allow for a different background other than some egg-shell white background. Viewing what’s currently playing shouldn’t be some sort of subliminal psych test on a white board. Just sayin’.
Odd. I'm using iOS version 8.2.2 on my iPhone, and "Online Updates" says there's no update. I do have the swipe down, although it is a bit difficult to do with my fat fingers. There's even a line at the top of the screen to indicate that you can pull down. My problem is about 80% of the time, I end up pulling down the iOS screen amd end up looking at my iOS notifications, rather than being able to get the Sonos swipe. But if I'm more careful, it works exactly as jgatie says, and I get the list of tabs at the bottom of the screen.
Thanks Airgetlam. Looks like my problem was the precise one you were having with the pulldown which occurred repeatedly on both iPhone and iPad. So, thanks to both of you for the advice. Still would like to see anything other than white background during playback tho. Just sayin...You have a fix for that and you'll enjoy folk hero status on this forum...
Unfortunately, beyond patience, I don't. But I would expect that Sonos has heard the feedback, and expect that the next release of the app might fix it 🙂