iPhone 15 series can Trueplay

• 28 October 2023
  • 5 replies

I mean seriously, how understaffed is the team in charge of Trueplay?

Everytime when new iPhone models released, it’s not weeks, but months of waiting for Trueplay being available on the latest iPhones.

So Sonos, can you check with your team on this years timeline on that?

5 replies

I mean seriously, how understaffed is the team in charge of Trueplay?

Everytime when new iPhone models released, it’s not weeks, but months of waiting for Trueplay being available on the latest iPhones.

So Sonos, can you check with your team on this years timeline on that?

There are numerous iPhone 15 models and each one has to be tested/calibrated to work with every possible Sonos device combination - I would expect it will take 6 weeks, or a even a couple of months, at least …and even then there is no guarantee all the devices will pass the necessary requirements - Some products (eg iPad Pro’s) have often not made the grade. It’s a case of waiting patiently, I guess.

I’m just personally grateful that Sonos do this for little in return and continue adding these new iOS devices for us to use with Trueplay.

So annoying.

I have both S1 and S2 running.  Just got an iphone 15 pro.  S2 does trueplay but S1 gets “Network error” message.  Will S1 support iphone 15 pro?

I have both S1 and S2 running.  Just got an iphone 15 pro.  S2 does trueplay but S1 gets “Network error” message.  Will S1 support iphone 15 pro?

The devices supported are mentioned here…

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/trueplay-compatible-devices-and-sonos-products it’s all supported Sonos controllers, except the list of devices mentioned. 

If you’re having issues it maybe best to reproduce the issue and then immediately submit a Sonos system diagnostic report from within the Sonos App, note it’s reference and then contact/chat with Sonos Support Staff via this LINK and see what the Staff can perhaps suggest to resolve the matter.

update.  It is the iphone 15 pro that isn’t compatible with TruePlay Tuning on S1.  I have an old iphone 11 and revived it to try to eliminate variables.  Sure enough TruPlay Tuning works on S1 app on iphone 11.  So, the Sonos compatibility list is not correct or explicit about this.

For anyone else pulling their hair out like I did all day removing and reinstalling speakers.