Skip to main content

Hi, I use the Sonos app to play music cds stored on my iMac in iTunes. I recently had to re-load MacIOS on my computer, and while I figured out how to link my iTunes library to Sonos, I did something incorrectly. I cannot no longer obtain infomation on the Sonos playlists about upcoming or previous tracks. I can get info about song currently played but not about others on playlist. How can I remedy this? William

Hi @Wm Moeck, thank you for reaching out to the Sonos community. I’d be happy to help you all here and it would be best for those having trouble submitting a diagnostic report of your MAC for better understanding and see what would be best for the setup. Reply to us with the confirmation number. We and the community are always here to help. 

Hey, Rowena,

MAC is Media Access Control, a term used in networking, as in MAC address. Mac is short for Macintosh, a computer. Just to confuse you further, MacIntosh is a variety of edible fruit, a type of apple . 

Thanks, Rowana, for the offer of a diagnostic test, but the problem rectified itself of its own accord within the next twenty-four hours. Full Disclosure, I have upwards 15,000 songs scattered over a hundred different playlists in my iTunes library. It took a long time for Sonos to stop reading “Music-Indexing” once I reloaded my library. But I guess the actually song info (Composer, Artist, Album title) needed yet more time. Works fine now. (Phew!)

Hi @Wm Moeck, thank you for keeping us posted on this. I’m glad that your Sonos system working now. If you encounter any issues in the future or if you have any questions, please feel free to reach back to us. The Sonos Community is always here to help.