Skip to main content
I recently bought a Beam which I am very happy with. It sounds great paired with my Sub and two Play 1s. My assumption was that I could then use the same Sub in the same room to listen to music with my two Play 5s as I have done for the past 2 years and been very happy. In order to do this Sonos support told me that I could unpair the Sub from the Beam and two Play 1s and then pair it with the two Play 5s. All good, although a bit of a clunky way to do it. The much bigger problem is that I have to re-do the Trueplay each time I swap over the Sub. As I have a room without carpet, lots of windows and a bit of an odd shape, I rely on Trueplay to make my Sonos system 'sing' (Trueplay - fantastic addition btw Sonos). I do not have time or the quiet house to do this each time I want to swap it over. I asked Sonos to put a request in for me to develop a fix for multiple Trueplay configs for my one Sub and they advised that they would pass on my request but that I should raise this in this forum. I'm aware that this subject has been hotly debated at length before on here, but I haven't seen any talk of a resolution to this, so I am raising this again in the hope that this is a growing issue for many Sonos users as their speaker numbers grow. Please share your support for this again and help shift this up Sonos's list of priorities!
I will gladly share my support for this! Would be great if things were a bit more versatile at Sonos. In my main listening / watching area I have pair of 5’s + sub and use this for television as well. Fantastic for 2.1, but would love to add option for 5.1, which I would probably consider with an additional beam and ones for surround if I could share the sub. It would of course be even better if there was a possibility to add surrounds to the 5’s with a dedicated center, but now I am over asking,
Hi The Filster

When I first entered the Sonos realm I too had the same dilemma_1 sub same room with Playbar/surrounds and Play 5 x 2 Stereo pair. My solution was to buy another sub :8

Your suggestion is valid however it won't resolve the re-bonding hassle. Also, IMO the TruePlay configs would most likely be tied to the Playbar/Playbase/Beam as they do the processing sending the appropriate commands to the bonded speakers.

Honestly, with recent equipment releases (Beam, new Sonos Amp and possibly a replacement for the Play 3 :8) writing new code for TruePlay configs at this junction IMHO probably isn't a top priority. However, I'm going to give your post a thumbs up!

Cheers!
This is EXACTLY what we need! The ability to use the sub in different variations, with different trueplay profiles. I want to use my pair of 5s 2nd gen + sub for music listening and my beam + play 1s in the rear + sub for TV viewing, Please Sonos can you let us know if you will be working on this and give us an ETA? Makes no sense having to redo TruePlay in order to achieve this.
Sonos very rarely tells what is in the works, and even more rarely gives an ETA.