Question

I really do not like the latest Sonos app update

• 17 November 2016
  • 8 replies

Is anyone else fed up to the back teeth with he latest update? I use my phone as my main controller playing music from my NAS, it works beautifully but the new app is a nightmare. Often a whole album will add to the queue and getting just a single track selected is tedious. Making playlists is 5 times more tricky and time consuming. I am seriously thinking of ditching Sonos in favour of another system where the app is more user friendly and selecting single tacks is obvious........ just like Sonos was before the last update. I don't understand the logic of the last update and wish I had never done it.. I hate it. Please bring back the easy single track selection in favour of this hideous play whole album default.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11
It's different. It takes time to get used to it.

Not often add the whole, it will. Each time. Tapping the three dots replaces tapping the track.
Did you read the screens that you had to flip through after the update?

It's not perfect as it has a few foibles that need to be ironed out, just as the old version had even more foibles, but it is an improvement over the previous version.
It is most decidedly NOT an improvement. Sonos really need a configuration option that allows the user the choice to use the original, far superior, method.
Userlevel 6
Badge +11
I too wish there were some customization options available to the user, something that has been requested in the past. It would make it easier to satisfy everyone..
Userlevel 5
Badge +11
Like my opinion, that is yours. Both equally valid depending upon point of view. Functionality is the same, almost, but accessed VERY slightly differently. Whilst getting rid of some flaws it is adding easier one touch options.
As I said, it's not perfect as the old version is far from perfect too.

What are we, two months on now.

Why not work to get the things that are "wrong" (e.g. track insertion in certain situations) fixed and enhance other aspects rather than continually complaining about something that is not going to change.

Where is the list of things that are "wrong" so proper functional feedback can be given.
Userlevel 6
Badge +11
Well in my opinion, I like the new changes also. My point was allowing some user configuration would be nice. And if you notice, we both have more posts than you so that's also your opinion..
Selecting the 3 dots does show the tracks but i have many albums by the same artist and really liked the previous version where those tracks were shown under the album rather than a continuous long list, The new update is not of for me. The whole idea of moving to Sonos was the simplicity of playing music and creating bespoke playlists. This latest update does the opposite. Hopefully the next upgrade will have something to cheer about.
It might be useful to use the thread here:

https://en.community.sonos.com/controllers-software-228995/sonos-are-you-reading-this-please-put-the-controller-queue-function-back-how-it-was-6739476

There's been a lot of discussion and implementation suggestions posted there. Not necessary to start a new thread, I'd think.
Badge
I agree. The more I try and use it the more I hate it. It’s not as logical or user friendly as the previous version and I find that I am not using my Sonos set up as much as before. Why change things? Change for change sake methinks. Keeps the software engineers in work I suppose?