Skip to main content

Is anybody else listening to Pandora on their SONOS app (PC windows version) in Australia?

Because I AM!! Just not sure how or why, so i’m not game yet to play with it’s settings or even log on to the Pandora website for fear of losing it.

Hello @stuck in 70's,

Welcome to the Sonos Community and thank you for reaching out with your experience.

I’m not sure how you are managing to access Pandora on Sonos given your geographic location, have you been able to reliably use this service or has it been hit or miss?

Are you using a VPN  or any kind of connection that may alter or conceal your location?

Hello Jean. This came as a total surprise. I have a very ordinary OPTUS NBN connection. It happened after an update failed and I done a reinstall (aprox 3 weeks ago). The reinstall went fine and Pandora was just “there”.

We have used it since and the service is fine, even switching from other services (radio streaming) and back to Pandora; BUT I am very worried to try and work within Pandora ( thumbing songs up or down, or logging online to add content) for fear of losing it.

We have very old SONOS gear: original SONOS connect, bridge, SONOS amp, Play5 (lately added a SONOS One with Alexa). And with the announcement of upgrades coming possibly not supporting this old gear, we were going to let it go, as Pandora was our main incentive for buying it.

We need to know if there is any chance of Pandora staying with us? Any suggestions?

@stuck in 70's 

I really couldn’t say since it shouldn’t be working there at all, to the best of my knowledge.

It’s not likely that it would continue to function unless there was something in your network or router configuration that was somehow side-stepping the geo-locking for this service.