Answered

I can't disconnect from Sonos AirPlay

• 7 August 2020
  • 4 replies

I play music using my iphone from my itunes app via airplay through my Sonos One speakers. When I am done playing music using my Sonos speakers. I turn off the music. However when I now just want the music to come out of my phone and not the Sonos speakers, they will not disconnect. I try to disconnect from Sonos but it will not let me. I have to turn off my phone in order to disconnect. I called Sonos already and they were not able to help me. Does anyone have any suggestions?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 7 August 2020, 22:28

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

In general, when I’m stopping AirPlay 2, I use the iOS ‘chooser’ to deselect the Sonos speaker I’ve been using, and select the phone. 

It worked, THANK YOU very much!

You’re most welcome. Not completely sure, but I’ve always been under the impression there was a timeout from Apple on a connection that wasn’t carrying data, but I’ve got no idea either how long that is, or whether I’m even close to being correct ;)

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @djdennisg.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us.

I’m glad to hear that everything is working now. I do hope you continue to enjoy your Sonos.

Please do not hesitate to reach out is you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,