Question

How to turn Sonos app off on android phone?

• 25 January 2015
  • 7 replies

How do you turn the Sonos app off on an android phone? I used to be able to select "leave the sonos controller." Now the thing stays on and I cannot see how to end it. Very annoying.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 2
There are several threads here about this change. Sonos replied that the change was intentional but that they'll bring back the "leave app" option if enough of us ask. For now I just do a force close with Task Manager or other means.
Userlevel 1
I just drag down the notification bar and press the 'X' in the top right of the Sonos widget
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Besides what's been suggested in the previous posts above you can also exit the app by clicking the back button on your phone until it's no longer open. Afterwards take a look at the active applications and you'll see that Sonos is not listed.
Userlevel 2
What bothers many of us is that, since the last release of the Sonos controller app, we no longer receive an "Exit Sonos?" message when this happens and the Sonos icon doesn't disappear from the status bar unless we FC the app. Not reassuring when we're constantly watching battery use.
This is frustrating.  I go back and the Sonos controller is still in my notifications screen 
That works.  Thank you! 
I know this post is super old, but I'm having this issue and none of the above solutions are working. I was dreaming music through the Sonos app, and I can't get the app to quit. When I drag down the notification bar there's no "x" to exit with. I've even forced quit in my phone settings, the notification controller will disappear momentarily, and then come back. There's nothing I can do to get it to go away! I don't want to silence it, because I want it there when I am actually using the app, but it's super annoying that I can't tell it to shut down!