Skip to main content

Hi there,

I was wondering what’s the proper way to tune the room when you have two sets of speakers in the same room. I’ve got Play 1’s in corners of my Kitchen. I’ve combined these to two stereo pairs and done Trueplay tuning for both. This is not bad, but is there a way to connect 4 speakers and true play them so that all of them would work in… ahem… concert together?

(Looks like attaching image didn’t go through so below is a link to the outline of the room)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/529ptyhuxkzor58/Screenshot%202020-06-15%20at%2018.46.27.png?dl=0

No, TruePlay only works on a per ‘room’ basis. You could TruePlay the rooms individually, and group them, but TruePlay won’t be available to run while they are grouped. 

I’ve combined these to two stereo pairs and done Trueplay tuning for both. 

I often group play such pairs, and I find that the sound is as good as that from one pair, while filling the entire space without it having to be too loud in one part of the space. 

The idea of all of them play in concert is nice, but I am not sure that it will sound much better than they do now, given the fact that each pair will still get the same stereo signal from the source, and not therefore allow a 4 speaker set up to deliver quadrophonic sound effects.

We’ll here’s hoping that with S2 they can star doing more advanced modes for tuning the rooms!