Skip to main content

hi 

i’m system integrator i fixed sonos connect to so many of my costumer, but most of them they are asking if the system will automatics play azan 5 time a day with the same time of city azan , Unfortunately  was looking for some app in sonos services but i did not find any app can support me with this 

any one can help  me with this issue  

What is an azan?

Ah, they want an alarm to do the call to prayer. Thank you, Google.

Is there a reason why you couldn’t set an alarm, or five alarms to do that? See the FAQ here

What is an azan?

it’s call to prayer

Ah, they want an alarm to do the call to prayer. Thank you, Google.

Is there a reason why you couldn’t set an alarm, or five alarms to do that? See the FAQ here

yah they need to have call to prayer for the city what they are living in , as the time of call to prayer will be in Different time , and it required to be call to prayer 5 time a day

That’s why a local alarm would be ideal, they could set it up for their local time zone. I’d just set up five alarms, and set them to repeat daily. Details in the link I provided in my previous post. 

That’s why a local alarm would be ideal, they could set it up for their local time zone. I’d just set up five alarms, and set them to repeat daily. Details in the link I provided in my previous post. 

with alarm system  will at  work at all , because the call to prayer will be 5 time a day , and the timing will be change every  day for example  the call to prayer for monody morning will be 4:30 AM the next day Tuesday  call to prayer in morning will be 4:32 AM and the time increasing every day for a year like winter time and summertime , so in this case i have to add 1825 alarm 5 alarm a day for 365 day  , which is not real , but in the same time there is an application will work as call to prayer with time and location will be update automatic , but it’s not available in sonos store .

Ah, I was unaware that it changed with the rising and setting of the sun. I agree, there is no good method within the Sonos repertoire to do this. Sorry!

No go on this one still correct?

There has been no change to the Sonos software that would support this, so far.

And, to be honest, I wouldn’t expect it at any point. I don’t think the demand for such a feature is large enough to outstrip many of the other requests that have yet to be touched. I’m sure Sonos would rather spend time on features that will help them sell hundreds of thousands of more speakers. In my view (admittedly not fully accurate), the chances are that such a feature might sell tens, or maybe a thousand more devices, no where near enough to raise this as a critical issue. Which isn’t to say it won’t be done, ever, just not, in my opinion, any time soon. 

However, since we’ve discussed it here in the forums, I’d be willing to bet it now exists on a product backlog somewhere, just with a very low priority assigned to it. Not forgotten, just not near the top of the list of things to be worked on.