Skip to main content

In Australia, The Macquarie network radio stations have developed their own digital radio app’s and have deleted access from Sonos radio and all other radio apps, They want you to use their own APPS to here the stations, so how can I add these stations to the Sonos APP so I can play through our speakers

On a company sponsored forum, you’re unlikely to get advice as to abrogate the legal responsibilities of the company to honor the removal of these streams. I’d be seeking assistance on a non-Sonos sponsored forum, perhaps Reddit, or other area. 

If you're an iPhone user you could probably Airplay from the apps to your Sonos devices. Not sure if the apps allow Airplay though. If you're not an iPhone user, you could pick up a second hand iPad.

There may be a way to access the stations. Contact the station and ask for help. While may not result in an immediate solution, this will give notice that they have closed out a potential audience.

As mentioned, Airplay 2 may be an avenue. Another possibility is a terrestrial radio attached to a SONOS Line-In.

If they allow streaming from a browser then you should be able to determine the stream url and add that directly to your Sonos system. If you have a web link, share it and I’ll see if a url is extractable.

Well that was easy. I tried “Radio Adelaide” and quickly got https://cast-1.nucleusstreaming.com:4443/5uv_live_128.aacp#A and verified it works in Sonos.

@controlav : how did you manage to add this to your sonos app? Trying to figure out the same thing here!

cheers,
RD

@controlav : how did you manage to add this to your sonos app? Trying to figure out the same thing here!

ContentDirectory1.CreateObject("R:0/0",md);