Skip to main content
I have just board a second-hand WD100, because I want to use an old IPhone 4 as a controller /charger (that always is switched on) No I realize that my Sonos system won’t recognize the WD100. Searching google, and this forum, tells me just to add it as a Play 1 or a Bridge, but apparently none of those solutions are working anymore (properly due to a later sonos software update)

Are there any way still to use my WD100? Heard something about that a sonos technician could help me downloading an old software version - e.g to my bridge, so I could update my WD100 (with no LAN cable connection) to the newest software. (this has already been reset to “factory settings” (Ending up going back to newest software on the bridge)

Looking forward for an answer

(And hope you understand my lousy English:P)
the WD100 uses sonosnet. So you have to have one sonos unit plugged in via Ethernet to your router (be it a bridge/boost or any other sonos unit).

It will not work if your system is running wifi only and not sonosnet.
The WD100 can run in Standard/WiFi mode too. However if there's a major mismatch between the firmware on the WD and that running on the rest of the system there could be problems adding it.

@HWANDK, you'll need to contact Sonos Support for assistance.
@cris I am using sonos net (via my bridge)

@ratty, how do I contact Sonos? Don`t they read this forum? (I am new here)
@ratty, how do I contact Sonos? Don`t they read this forum? (I am new here)

They do, but you'll most probably need one-to-one phone support. Try https://www.sonos.com/da-dk/contact/contact-options
Thank you......!!
thanks for clarification ratty - I thought it required Sonosnet ... but rarely see questions about the dock these days so I was obviously mistaken.
Hi, HWANDK. Have u finally get it run? I have got one too. Trying.
I have the same problem with a WD100. How do I get the firmware?
Hi folks,

If you're trying to connect and old Sonos DOCK, you'll need to work with our phone team as there's a bit more to setting them up than there used to be. You can find our phone number and hours in your region here.