Skip to main content

Sonos should roll back the new app right away.

This is a ludicrous act of self harm.

Sonos should roll back the new app right away.

This is a ludicrous act of self harm.

Are you familiar with the Sonos recycling program (aka as brick for dollars) and then the S1 to S2 debacle?

Basically this is par for the course, on brand, wouldn’t expect anything else from them. The management are pros at stepping on rakes 🤣

Ha, yes.

But even with all that in the tank they still managed the biggest f*ck up of them all.

They must have zero product people at that company. No way anyone that knows how to manage a technology product would make this decision from a user experience perspective it’s actually laughable 

At this point, I’d be happy to just downgrade all my compatible gear to S1.

But there is no way to downgrade without the 16.1 app.  :(

It would really be something if they just permanently pulled the plug on this with the update. 

It would really be something if they just permanently pulled the plug on this with the update. 

The related support page states “The ability to downgrade a Sonos product to S1 is temporarily unavailable, but will return in a future update

I was able to roll back to 16.1 on Android.  That will allow downgrading S2 devices to S1 (though not needed now as long as 16.1 keeps working).