Answered

How does streaming work on a Sonos One?

• 28 October 2023
  • 4 replies

I’m used to using streaming music to bluetooth speakers. You go out of range and the music stops - I get it.

Today I was using the Sonos App to stream tunes to my pair of Sonos One’s. I had to go out and I figured that the music would stop and the speakers would go into standby as I would be out of range. 

But no, I came back home and the speakers were still playing music… huh?

Explain to me like I’m 5 please.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by ratty 28 October 2023, 16:12

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

The Sonos app is a remote control. It tells the speaker what to do. Your speaker then fetches the stream itself. 

Your TV doesn’t stop when the remote leaves the room does it? 

The Sonos app is a remote control. It tells the speaker what to do. Your speaker then fetches the stream itself. 

Is that different from how a bluetooth speaker works with apple music for example?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Is that different from how a bluetooth speaker works with apple music for example?

Yes, in the Bluetooth case the phone streams the music and sends it to the speaker.

Yes, in the Bluetooth case the phone streams the music and sends it to the speaker.

Okay I get it now. That’s quite cool because it means the phone battery is not draining.