Question

how do i get my sonos to work with my macbook pro? It does not have a disc drive.

• 14 July 2013
  • 5 replies

I recently bought a new macbook pro and I had sonos installed on my macbook. My macbook pro does not have a disc drive so I need help knowing how to install it on.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Hello Tyler, You can download the most recent version of the Sonos Desktop Controller software from our Support page. On the right-hand side, you'll see some download links for both the Windows and Mac Desktop Controllers. Once you've downloaded it, you can install from there. Please let me know if you have any additional questions and I'll be happy to help.
I had the same question so thank you
I have installed the desktop mac system. How do I filter/play the sound of my movies, that i am watching on my mac, via the sonos system?
I have installed the desktop mac system. How do I filter/play the sound of my movies, that i am watching on my mac, via the sonos system?

You don't, Sonos is not a computer speaker, it won't play back computer audio. And before you say anything, nobody ever said it would.

EDIT: and before you say THAT, Sonos are not responsible for the lies that Best Buy sales people tell you in order to make a sale...