Answered

How Do I Add a Streaming Service to Sonos

• 16 September 2023
  • 9 replies

Badge

I am fairly new to using Sonos and streaming services. I have found a streaming service, Presto Music, that is not listed on the Sonos list of streaming services that I can access and add. Can I add a streaming service not listed? If so. how do I do it?

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by ratty 16 September 2023, 18:00

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

No you can’t add a service that’s not listed, but maybe contact the Presto music service staff and perhaps suggest they add it to the Sonos eco-system instead. If it’s viable for them to do that, they can then approach Sonos themselves.

In the meantime there’s Qobuz.

Alternatively use the Presto native app and send the audio to Sonos. On Apple this could be over AirPlay. On Android one could use Bluetooth, but with an obvious quality compromise. Sonos doesn’t support Chromecast.

Badge

Thank you for the information. I’ll contact Presto Music. I don’t understand what you mean by Sonos eco-system though. I hope they do. 

I think I will try to use the Android Bluetooth and see what happens. I didn’t think of that. 

I think I will try to use the Android Bluetooth and see what happens. 

Your profile lists Roam and Move. Target the Roam with your Bluetooth and then group the Move with it if you want to play on both. Roam can receive Bluetooth and participate in the Sonos system at the same time. Move Gen 1 can’t do this; it’s one or the other. (Move Gen 2 addresses this shortcoming.)

I’ll contact Presto Music. I don’t understand what you mean by Sonos eco-system though. I hope they do. 

Just point them to https://devdocs.sonos.com/docs

Badge

Thank you for the link. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thank you for the link. 

Any luck?  

Badge

I submitted the link to customer support who, in turn, submitted it to their tech support. They said they’d look into it. Thank you for asking. 

I hope they follow through with it because they are an excellent resource for classical and jazz music.

Userlevel 2
Badge

I submitted the link to customer support who, in turn, submitted it to their tech support. They said they’d look into it. Thank you for asking. 

I hope they follow through with it because they are an excellent resource for classical and jazz music.

I agree. I wish they had Atmos or surround content, etc, but Sonos support would be even more important.