Skip to main content
Answered

Help Cards keep re-appearing in the Sonos app

• 3 February 2021
  • 6 replies

Is it not possible to get the three pop ups OFF my app permanently?  

1. Add Voice Assistance. NO.
  2. Try Sonos HD. NO.
  3. Tune one of my SL’s. NO.

I have to clear these out every single time I open the app.  Can’t Sonos remember my choices???

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @CGC

Welcome to the Sonos community. Thanks for reaching out to us and letting us know about your concern. Allow me to share some information with you. The suggested bubble or popup appears on the Sonos app if it detected a feature that is not yet active in your Sonos system. There’s no option to turn this off in the app. You can take advantage of the feature and you can also remove it in the app. We appreciate your feedback on this. What I can do is to pass along your interest to our engineers. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns, we'll be glad to assist you.

Thanks for responding.  You mentioned “You can take advantage of the feature and you can also remove it”. 

how can I remove those three banners that are there every time I open the app - and take up way too much real estate on the screen.  

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @CGC, thanks for your quick response. Taking advantage of the feature is by adding it to the system. For example, the suggested bubble prompted “Add Voice Assistance”. Sonos detected that you have a voice-enabled speaker which you can utilize by adding voice assistants like Alexa or Google Assistant and you can also remove it from the app. The suggested bubble or popups works as a reminder of the feature that you can use in the Sonos app. Disabling the suggested popups feature is not available in the Sonos app. We'll make sure that we'll pass this on to our engineering team as a feature request. Rest assured that we'll try our best to improve your experience with our Sonos products. Please feel free to reach out if you have further questions or concerns.

Thanks. 

Badge +17

Hi @CGC, just following up on this thread to make everything clear - you’re not currently able to permanently dismiss the help cards in the settings screen. Rest assured, we are aware of this and our engineers are working on it, but we don’t have anything else to share about this at the time of writing. 

Thanks for the clarification!