Answered

having problems finding a solution to adding music from my itunes library

• 19 November 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I am having a heck of a time finding any information on how to add my iTunes library to the Sonos app.  I don’t have a computer.  I have found articles on adding with Windows or Mac OS, but nothing about only using iPhone and iPad.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 19 November 2022, 21:51

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Add Apple Music as a music service in the Sonos app. Then you will have access to all of the music you have purchased on iTunes in the Sonos app.

Read more here:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/services/apple-music

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Thanks!  But it seems as if I need to subscribe to apples subscription for Apple Music.  I have an Apple ID, but when I try to add Apple Music to Sonos, it doesn’t recognize my ID.  I’m assuming because I don’t pay for Apple Music?  Or there is a glitch with Sonos right now?

Userlevel 7

Apple Music does require a subscription. They offer a 1-month free trial.

Apple has locked the ability for Sonos and others to access the data stored on your mobile devices (iPhone or iPad) and forced the use of AirPlay 2.

Which Sonos speakers do you have? You might be able to just use the ‘Music’ app, and send the signal to the Sonos, if they’re AirPlay 2 capable.