Skip to main content

Hi - Has anyone successfully group a stereo pair of Play 1s in the same room as the Connect? I have a Connect set up and a stereo pair of Play 1s set up, but the S1 app won't let me have them be in the same room. If I select "Porch" for one of them and then attempt to set the same room for the other, "Porch 2" is then listed in the room choices and not just "Porch." Arrgggghhh!

Those are considered separate rooms.  You can group them dynamically, but you cannot combine them into the same room name.  Here's how to group rooms: https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3391?language=en_US

How can I get the Stereo Pair of Play 1s into the same room as the Connect? Do I need to deleted and re-add them? The S1 iOS app won’t let my Group unless something is playing (looks like). Thanks for your help!

How can I get the Stereo Pair of Play 1s into the same room as the Connect? Do I need to deleted and re-add them? Thanks for your help!

See the link that jgatie has posted above. You leave them as they are, and simply ‘group’ the rooms together.

How can I get the Stereo Pair of Play 1s into the same room as the Connect? Do I need to deleted and re-add them? The S1 iOS app won’t let my Group unless something is playing (looks like). Thanks for your help!

As I said, you can't assign them to the same room.  They are considered separate rooms.

As to grouping them, follow the link above for instructions on how to group two rooms together.

Since nothing is playing, I don’t seem to have the Group option. See screen grab fro S1 iOS app. 

You are in the wrong area of the app.  Grouping is not done in the settings menu.  It is done from the grouping button, or the rooms menu.  As stated many times, you need to follow the link in my 1st post.  It gives step by step directions on how to group, including an animation.  Follow the link and all will be revealed.

OK. Got it. Thanks! I’m a bit slow today. Now, just need to find a line-in connection that the Connect will play through. 3.5 plug connection didn’t play through even though the Connect said “Line In.” Cable swapping time...

OK. Got it. Thanks! I’m a bit slow today. Now, just need to find a line-in connection that the Connect will play through. 3.5 plug connection didn’t play through even though the Connect said “Line In.” Cable swapping time...

Don’t forget to select the line-in as the audio source from the music services tab to play it to the group.

Whew! All working now. New lease on life for my old Play 1s. Thanks!