Skip to main content

CIAO TO ALL, i have a sound bar 5 years old.

i have my SONG-music in MY smart phone iphone11 and i wish to hear the same music also in the soundbar, through wi-fy in my house.

before was possible, by using the google music app, but now this app is not more available, and i received the suggestion to use the “youtube music” app.

but this app have a cost…

do you know another way to hear the music in the bar from my iphone? BY USING A DIFFERENT APP OR SYSTEM? THANSK FRANCESCO 

Hi @FRANCESCO69.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us about your concern. let me share some situations and recommendations to help you out.

You have mentioned the following situation using google play music.

i have my SONG-music in MY smart phone iphone11 and i wish to hear the same music also in the soundbar, through wi-fy in my house.

before was possible, by using the google music app, but now this app is not more available, and i received the suggestion to use the “youtube music” app. If the main purpose of Google play music App (in the Past) was only to play the music stored on your moble phone (downloaded music on your iPhone) This is possible with youtube Music.

but this app have a cost…Youtube music app will only cost if you want to take advantage of online streamed music, but if you only want to play the music downloaded on your mobile device, you do not need a paid subscription as this has already been cleared by our engineers and support group. Free Youtube music would work on Sonos to play your downloaded songs but not online music streams.

To answer your question “do you know another way to hear the music in the bar from my iPhone?” Let me lay some options on the table for you to choose from.

Here are some of the options for playing tracks that are stored on your iOS device to Sonos.

I hope this helps.

Please let me know if you still have further questions or concerns. Everybody will help you out here in the community.

Thanks,