Skip to main content
I have a server full of MP3 and WMA Lossless - and Sonos on the way. So I guess I'll be converting the WMA Lossless to FLAC.

There are lots of utilities for converting, getting cover art, etc.

Does anyone recommend one system that will rip, organize, get cover art and do other cleanup in a way that is completely compatible with Sonos? To date I only use Windows Media Player and it works well enough.

J River Media Center, WinAmp... suggestions?
From another thread, regarding J River Media Center (I asked a similar question there, but let's continue discussion here):

Hi,

I'm evaluating this software

following a post on this forum I used it to reorganise files in my hard drive. It works great so far, not intrusive, clear options, it has helped me to re-tag correctly hundreds of iles, and has the option to reorganise the files on a defined tree structure on your hard drive, in a way that was for me much more conveniant than Itunes.

It may be me, but i finf it much more responsive to my desires....

I'll probably buy it.

I just don't want it to take the default on other media files, as it proposes to help you organise your pictures and movies also.

VLC and WMP are so far better for me in displaying movies, but I didn't really got into this section

hope this helps.

Olivier

-=og=-
For my needs (ripping, tagging and organising mp3s) MediaMonkey is hard to beat - and the basic version is free.

--------

Edit: I discovered today that the basic version only rips for thirty days! The "Gold" version is USD 20 (or USD 30 including future upgrades).

/Per
Spammer