Skip to main content
A few weeks ago I started getting 1001 errors when attempting to cast any music source to my master bedroom Play:1 pair. I tried power cycling as well as removing and re-adding them with no success. These worked fine for several months prior.

I get the error from my Windows 10 desktop app and my iPhone app.

I have no similar issue with my Playbase or my Connect:Amp.
New fun fact: I tried to separate the stereo pair thinking if one them was bad it may help me troubleshoot. When I tried to add them back in they automatically connected back to the same room name and when I tried to play something I am getting new errors when it cannot find them. And them the room drops off of both controllers.
Have you read the FAQ?

Error Codes

It might help if you were to submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this issue, and call in to Sonos to discuss it.
Read the FAQ and other items in the community posts. Called and discovered in my setup:

1. I have my PlayBase hard wired to my router and the other devices wireless. (this I knew)

2. This configuration causes the non-wired devices to use SonosNet

3. Those devices communicate back to the PlayBase

4. Apparently the Play:1 speakers and the PlayBase were no longer on speaking terms.

5. Power cycling the PlayBase resolved the issue.

If I want to move the Play:1 speakers to wireless I need to use wireless on my PlayBase as well.