Skip to main content

Hi everyone, Please help.

I’ve had a gen 1 system for years with no problems, As of 12 months ago it started dropping out when streaming from spotify. I run a bridge hardwired to the router, a gen1 connect hardwired to my amp but wirelessly to the bridge and a connect amp wireless to the bridge. The problem seems more frequent on the connect but does also occasionally happen with the connect amp. 

So far I’ve upgraded my wifi to super fast fibre, changed channels on every piece of equipment i have, including sonos, It still happens, I then ran it with all other equipment depowered, It still happens . I’ve moved the router next to the connect, I’ve replaced the bridge with a Boost and finally I tried hard wiring the connect to the bridge. It still happens. 

I have no hair left.

I’m about to throw it all in the bin.

Is there anything else I could try before I do?

Unplug all your Sonos devices from power. Reboot your router. When it and wifi are fully started, power up the Boost. When it is fully started, power the speakers one by one. This will force the system to run on fresh ip addresses, which sorts out many problems. If it does, you may want to reserve ip addresses to prevent it happening again. 

Hi nick, thanks for the reply i'll give that a go, but to be sure I don't have sonos speakers. I'm running a Connect (wired to my own amp) and a Connect Amp (wire to my own speakers). I'm assuming I power up those items instead of the speakers you mentioned?

Yes, power off all Sonos devices and router and restart in the order as specifiied by @nik9669a.

I hope this will grow your hair again :-D