Skip to main content

Hello,

Is it possible to not only show dolby atmos in the app. but also if it is stereo, dolby, dolby 5.1, etc..

Further it would be nice it lip-sync could be changed in minus direction, don't know if that is possible?

Thanks.

Hi. This info is already given in the app, in About System. 

A negative audio adjustment is impossible because the Arc cannot play audio it has not yet received. There is no audio lag within the Arc.

Well it is only showed in the system info. not in the normal window where you could see Atmos logo

+1 for this, think this has been a much requested feature in the app to have a the sound formats on the front screen. Atmos appears, so can’t see it would be too hard to add it the rest. 

Hello Sonos,

could you please give some feedback on the option to show on the main display what type of sound format is playing…???

So show the logo of the format just like it happens with atmos

thx in advance.

Hi folks, thank you for reaching out to the Sonos community and for letting us know about your concern. I agree with @John B. You can find the information in About My System on the Sonos app. Have you tried adjusting the group audio delay

It would be great if you can see the audio format of what’s currently playing on the display. What I can do is to submit a feature request to the team to make this available in the Sonos app. We won’t be able to provide a timeline for this yet. If you have any questions about this. We and the community are always here to help.

You can find the information in About My System on the Sonos app. Have you tried adjusting the group audio delay

I have now groups, I have just my arc connected to the tv.

It would be great if you can see the audio format of what’s currently playing on the display. What I can do is to submit a feature request to the team to make this available in the Sonos app. We won’t be able to provide a timeline for this yet. If you have any questions about this. We and the community are always here to help.

Thanks for that, hopefully this we come in the next update…..

Been a very requested feature for a while, strange that just ATMOS shows, why not have all formats on the front screen.. fingers crossed it comes soon.

Further note on the OP’s request for a negative audio delay.  As I commented earlier, this is impossible for Sonos because the Arc cannot accelerate the audio and neither can it delay the video.  Audio lag usually results from the TV not outputting the sound to an external speaker in sync with the picture, for some or all audio formats.

The only device that I am aware of that can cure this problem for the Arc user is the HDFury Arcana.  Fixing lip sync is not the Arcana’s primary purpose but it is a welcome consequence of not sending the audio through the TV.  It applies only to external HDMI sources not to internal TV apps.

There is a lot more discussion on other threads.

The ‘Group Audio Delay’ setting is designed to deal with instability if this occurs when TV audio is played through other speakers as well.  It can only worsen lip sync when there is an audio lag and so is not relevant here.

At a friends home who has also the arc in combination with an LG branded TV. He is able to correct the audio also in the minus direction at the TV audio settings. 

Since I have a samsung and samsung is not letting that happen I think there is the problem.

At a friends home who has also the arc in combination with an LG branded TV. He is able to correct the audio also in the minus direction at the TV audio settings. 

Since I have a samsung and samsung is not letting that happen I think there is the problem.

I have an LG TV but the adjustment was never sufficient on my setup to cure the problem.

Is their all ready new on this feature??